Friday, June 11, 2010

Thrift Store Painting Secrets!


The curtain is ripped aside to reveal a Mitch family fun fact. The "thrift store" painting of the gal being impregnated by a flower, is not an anonymous artist, but my Dad!
About a decade ago he got the bug to paint and did 3 variations on the gal. He has one, my sister Annie has her painting of the dark haired moaning beauty sitting in an martini glass proudly hung in an attic closet behind a full clothes rack, while I, a great patron of the arts, have it for the world to see displayed in my basement of treasures.
My Dad is famous (beside for being my father) for being in the advertising business (think if Madmen were set in the '70's). Among his many contributions were, "How many licks does it take to get to the middle of a Tootise Pop? A one, a two, a… crunch!"
Here's a cool pick of him in what I believe is a mock-up add to show the client. I remember he brought home all the blow up furniture used in the shoot. They only lasted a few days with Annie and I jumpin' on 'em, but we had the hippest 70's basement for those 72 hours!
And yes, the pollen tube of the plastic flower is inserted just where you think.
You may make your "Apple" and "Tree" comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment