Sunday, June 23, 2013

Flea Market Finds!

Arrived at Wolffs Flea Market at the crack of 6 and it looked like rain.

Oh Fred, you dawg you!
I've had the same expression waking up after an adventurous Saturday night.

It's an unsettling cross between a 50s knee slapping risque bar gag and what you might have seen on display in Ed Gein's country home. Which means I just HAD to add this wine bottle cozy to the collection!

No thanks- I can pull it myself!

This, and many other, hilarious comments you missed by not walking with me.

Came across a fellow artists creative output leaning against the side of a vendors van, (I forsee a similar fate for my work) pulled out the particullary striking portrait of a grandmother ignoring her grandchild. The painters skill is such that you can almost read her thoughts of, "I'd rather be anywhere the f**k but here."
I asked "How much?" and was told $20. I paused, and 4 seconds later he yelled "$15!" and within 2 seconds it was $10.
How could I NOT purchase it?!




I must have wet myself a little when I grabbed the combo platter of clown/shells/puffballs and made them my very own. There is no better way to spend $4!

A new addition to the basement has been acquired.
Trumpets blare.

"Talk to the hand!"
More M.O'C hilarity you missed by sleeping in this morning!
Yes, I came up with that chuckle inducing one liner right off the top of my head! No, I do not have writers, I am naturally funny and happy to make the world a more cheerful place by spreading my creative juices all over it.

This tin will be perfect for holding my pens and pencils when traveling. It obviously nails that M.O'C vibe of, "You do NOT want to f**k with my art supplies M*****F*****!!!

Above all, I am an incurable romantic. Flea marketing is not just about myself, it is about making others happy, and my #1 priority is M'Lady. I don't care what other, less attentive folks might feel, I don't think $2 is to much to spend on my future wife! I'm about to take a break from posting because I'm going to go surprise Alyson with these gifts. She'll exclaim "What!? Is it my birthday? Christmas? Valentines Day? I don't understand!"
And I'll place my index finger over her lips and whisper "Shhhhh. I don't need a holiday to show that I love you!"
And then we'll have passionate sex all morning.
And afterwards, she'll finally be able to make me a decent breakfast for once!
 


1 comment:

  1. I received the Boys & Girls Cookbook when I was a young girl. I used it a lot growing up, and I still sometimes make recipes from it! Hmmm...I'm gettin' a hankerin' for Spam Loaf Hawaiian now!

    ReplyDelete