Monday, July 30, 2012

The Lake County Fair Art Contest Winners (according to me)!


If you weren't able to make the 4-H exhibit hall at the 84th annual Lake County Fair, let me point out a few of the highlights …for you!


 I'm not sure if it's an ironic postmodernism
commentary on the human condition to leave the display instructions on this bubble wrap sculpture, or just someone forgot to take the directions off.
 At first I scoffed at this piece of "art" consisting of attaching a batch of clips together.

But I just found out it sold for $12,000,000 at Sotheby's over the weekend.
Who has egg on their face now?!

 The "cut out" feel of this art reminded me of a film called "The House That Screamed" about a young man who tried to make "a perfect woman" out of the pieces of many women.

I'd suggest getting a search warrent.

 Supreme Pop Art or an artist with very specific intrests?

You decide!


God Bless America!
The United States are extra sweet when a tribute of the Washington Monument is constructed solely out of sugar covered cereal.
Give this one a Blue Ribbon, or get the Hell out of my country!
The clues of a potential mass murderer.

 "Bizzare"

'nuff said!

This one holds a special place in my heart, probably because I see so much of myself in this artist!

No comments:

Post a Comment