Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Vanishing Chicago- The Patio Theatre, the Last Movie Palace!

Chicago's magnificent and opulent Patio Theatre at 6008 W. Irving Park is one of the last movie palaces left still showing films in Chicago. Even though it's been around since 1927, I first saw a film there only a year ago. My jaw dropped and my eyes popped as I entered what almost seemed like a mirage.
Then I slapped myself on the forehead for not taking advantage of it before now.
Don't you make the same mistake!
I keep hearing it's on the edge of closing, and when/if it's gone, they're never going to make 'em like this again, and you're going to miss the experience of seeing movies the way they were meant to be shown.

I was there recently for the Sci-Fi Spectacular, a 16 hour marathon of cinema, and made sure to snap a few memories, even from the projection booth!
Check out their website and "like" The Patio on Facebook.
Now go give yourself a treat and catch whatever the next "Now Showing" is!
































No comments:

Post a Comment