Friday, October 20, 2017

Acro-Cats! The Best in Furry Entertainment!

Instead of hanging at the nearest sports bar and rooting for the Cubbies last night, I instead decided to cheer on cats in glittery puffy collars jump through hoops.
That pretty much sums me up.
I’m talking, of course, about the Acro-Cats (aka Circus-Cats and Rock-Cats), a Chicago institution for the last dozen years. In fact, I must have seen one of the first performances of these trained felines with a pee-wee Leo and Kieran when the whiskered entertainers were part of a gallery show opening way back in 2004ish. Since then I’ve always kept my eye out for additional shows, no matter how many years stretched out between performances.
Now with 3 year old Aiden, he’s going to have to experience everything I find enjoyable all over again, no matter how he feels about it. On the way there Aiden kept requesting instead we drive home so he could take a bath with his Hot Wheels. Over and over. And over.
I explained, "What Daddy says is how it’s going to be. We’re going to see the Acro-Cats and you are not going to say ’no’. I am the King and you do whatever I say.”
That speech was as effective now as it was with my other two.
Aiden responded “I want to take a bath with my Hot Wheels!”
To sum it up, of course he had a great time. How can you not have fun with kittens in the lobby, a hedgehog making stage announcements, a chicken bowling and cats playing the chimes, cowbell, trumpet, guitar, piano and drums?!

And right now he’s taking a bath with his Hot Wheels.
'W'

Make sure to catch their remaining two show @


















No comments:

Post a Comment