Friday, April 28, 2017

Trump Lives! Mitch Street Art, and You Can Help!


I love the concept of “guerrilla” street art. Where you just come up with something crazy, drag it downtown at 2am, and wait ’til the next morning to get a reaction from the 1000’s of folks on their way to work. I’ve done plenty of gallery shows and (for me at least) it feels like the only way to get people to attend is to drive to their homes, grab them by the hand, and personally bring them to the event. The guerrilla way seems so much easier!
 Half of being an artist is doing good work. The other half is getting folks to look at it.
Then I thought of billboards combined with the most popular image I’ve ever come up with, the Donald Trump/They Live mash-up.
People seem to LOVE it! 49% because of their feelings for Trump.
49% because of their feelings for “They Live”
and 2% because I drew it well. :-)
It’s been EVERYWHERE, magazines, all over the internet, store windows, protest signs, tattooed, graffiti and bootlegged on everything from posters, shirts, pins, stickers to underwear.
Now I don’t have the skills and crew to climb up billboard posts in the dead of night, unravel a 20 by 30’ foot banner of my art, attach it, them rappel down before the police arrest us. I’m going the easy route with Go Fund Me to legally put my They Live tribute up on billboards in Washington DC, and the contributors to Go Fund Me are the crew.
This way, everyone can stay in bed and avoid getting an arrest record!
To see all the details about getting involved in the fun, please check out-

No comments:

Post a Comment