Friday, November 2, 2012

Ewoks On Ice (and other amazing Ice Capades sights)!

What makes America, America?
Apple Pie? A "Can Do" attitude? Democracy? Freedom Fries?
Yes!
But what gives America that special extra lift, the bounce in her step, that sparkle in her smile?
One thing. And one thing only.
The Ice Capades!

Special bonus- being that these are from the late 70s-early 80s, the most wonderfully horrific kitch period of American culture, combined with the already over the top feathery and glitter mindset of the Capades, it's almost enough to sear your eyes right out of their sockets.
You're welcome!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Disney takes a page out of the Capades book when planning the new Star Wars movies.
In my humble opinion, Magic Sunberries = Boffo Boxoffice!














3 comments:

  1. I can just imagine A Slice of Apple Pie strutting its stuff at the next Oscars :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the Ewoks show when I was 5 years old! I can't believe that I remember it! I also remember that Statue of Liberty one. Who knew the Ice Capades could etch so deeply into my mind?! No wonder I'm gay... I saw too many Ice Capades at a very tender age...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I performed in these productions In the Ice Capades. I was a chorus boy. It was a class act and although traveling at a young age had it's moments, we loved what we did. WE SKATED!

    ReplyDelete