Friday, July 15, 2011

No Comment #1!


When I was 13-14, my mom had a subscription to Ms. magazine. There was one page that fascinated me named, "No Comment". On it were reader submitted examples of sexism in media where the general assumption was that woman couldn't figure out much more than looking pretty and having kids. Most of the pieces reprinted were genuinely pigheaded, but a few seemed quite mild and not really worth being outraged about. But, of course, women do like to go on and on with their constant nagging and complaining.
Anyway, while feeling sentimental, I pieced up the first 50 issues of Ms. on ebay ($30. Score!). I went through 'em all to share the No Comment pages ...with you!
Another thing I learned by going through all 50 issues. Men seem to be really, really annoying!

No comments:

Post a Comment