Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Wolfman!


Leo wanted to see The Wolfman (as did I) and asked if we could go. Well, now that he's 14 he's often hangin' with his friends, so when I'm offered some of the formally taken for granted pop and son time, I'm taken' it. My whole day (like all parents) could be happily spent just squeezing the kids (you'd just have to ignore their protests and struggling). We loaded our pockets with cans of Coke, purchased the popcorn at the multiplex and enjoyed the very well done scary moody gruesome straight ahead take on the fable. Only problem for Leo is that is dad is prone to become a 'lil overly involved with what's goin' on with those projected images. The wolfman rips off an arm, out of my mouth bursts an "AAAIIIIEEEEEEE!". He fangs down on a neck, "GOOD GOD!!" A head is severed, "WHAT THE...!!!!" Leo's only talking was in a hissed whisper, "dad- shut up!". I'm also inclined to get a 'lil emotionally involved the other way. Took both the youngsters to "Bridge to Terabithia" awhile back and right after one of the main characters died Kieran looked at me and asked, "Are you crying?" Before I had a chance to casually wipe my eyes in what I was hoping would be a non wiping away tears way she jabbed Leo and exclaimed, "Look, dad's crying!" My voice cracking, I, of course, denied any such thing. The rest of the film was spent with them watching me waiting for more waterworks and rest of the day was spent with much laughter recounting Mr. Blubbers.
We're all looking forward to Alice in Wonderland next! It better not be sad or scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment